Where I live, a year ago, the County Commission voted to get rid of
the evil Wetlands Division of the  Environmental Protection Commission
of Hillsborough County.  I was of course in support of this; I even
commandeered their Domain Name:
http://epchc.com/ (please see this one!)

Well, before the bill took effect, a HUGE opposition rose up and
DEMOCRATICALLY intimidated the Commissioners, who backed down.
The exact same thing, via different mechanisms but the same result,
will occur in AnCap.  All those little old ladies who want to outlaw
Lap Dancing will still have the same power that they have now, if they
are not prevented by Force from imposing their preferences upon the
Weak Minority (me).

--- In LibertarianEnterprise@yahoogroups.com, "Zack Bass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
> ever the case (ignore the Bailout).  The most common scenario in
> Western Democracies is that the shitheads, who comprise 99.999% of you
> neighbors, want The Government (or an Agency, in AnCap) to punish
> anyone who, say, declines to clothe himself or who uses heroin in
> public.  Government, especially State & Local Government, is doing
> exactly what the Vast Majority WANT it to do; they are very well
> served by the current Government; they are not Oppressed.  It is only
> a teeny Minority that is Oppressed by any particular Law.  YThis will
> not change by switching to AnCap.
> If, like some AnCaps, you want to say that AnCap will be more NAP if
> everyone involved is Libertarian, well yeah but then so would
> Democracy.  If people are Real People, they will act like the
> shitheads they are whether you give them Democracy or AnCap - unless
> my NAP Justice Agency is set up from the get-go as powerful enough to
> stand against any Agency or other Apparatus that threatens Initiation
> Of Force.  If you leave the evolution of Justice Agencies to market
> forces, you will get what you have gotten already, right here, from
> The Vast Shithead Majority.
>
> Everything else, yeah let The Market decide.
>

> --- In LibertarianEnterprise@yahoogroups.com, "Gary F. York"
> <gfyork@> wrote:
> >
> > I remain fond of the concept of numerous competing justice
agencies ala
> > David Friedman's, "The Machinery of Freedom."  (Yes, Milton's son.)
> >
> > I first realized I was a libertarian when I read Murray Rothbard's,
> "For
> > a New Liberty."  Worth a read.  So is his, "Man, Economy, and the
> > State."  Well, actually, damn near anything he wrote is worth a good
> read.
> >
> > G.
> >
> > Zack Bass wrote:
> > > --- In LibertarianEnterprise@yahoogroups.com, "Gary F. York"

> > > ONLY if there exists a Justice Agency powerful enough to stand
against
> > > any other Agency within its chartered realm, which is that it
enforces
> > > NAP (which implies that it never violates NAP).
> > > Many AnCaps look at that and cry "Government" and the deal's off.
> > >
> > > There are LOTS of scenarios for AnCap.  NONE of them will
_naturally_
> > > lead to a place where NAP is enforced, but if such Enforcement is
> > > built in from the beginning then fine.
> > > Or something that is NOT AnCap, that is unabashedly Government
at its
> > > inception, can also be perfectly libertarian and enforce NAP.
> > > I don't care how it comes about, as long as NAP is ENRORCED;
otherwise
> > > I don't care to live there.
> > >
> > > Oh, and I might as well mention that there are a lot of AnCaps who
> > > claim that Enforcing NAP by Force is a Violation of NAP. HAHAHAHAHA
> > > Obviously these people are just Pacifists who oppose all
Violence, or