For a view from Pakistan.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_9-12-2004_pg3_2

A couple of teasers:

Far be it from me - being a staunch believer in secularism - to approve of
Bush's brand of evangelicalism and his penchant for mixing religion with
politics. However, for me Bush is a non-issue. Firstly, I am not an
American, nor are my readers. Secondly, Bush is not a threat to the world or
to democracy and secularism in America, but Al Qaeda and its many affiliates
who carry out terrorist attacks in the name of Islam are a clear and present
danger.

The world is now a much safer and a much more democratic place. Thanks to
the unipolar world with America as the sole superpower, democracy is
advancing while dictatorships are receding. Dictators who roamed with a
swagger now scurry for cover. Disenfranchised people now feel empowered,
from Afghanistan to Georgia, and from Iraq to Ukraine. Bush's band of
neo-cons is succeeding where his more illustrious predecessors failed; they
act where others balked.

Lowell C. Savage
It's the freedom, stupid!
Gun control: tyrants' tool, fools' folly.