Frank

> It certainly will make it a sham for those refusing to participate
> when they are opposed to the US imposing a government process upon
> them, not of their own choosing. If we reversed this process, and the
> Iraqis were occupying the US, and put in place an Islamic oriented
> government, complete with confirmation elections essentially against
> large segments of the US population that would not go along,
> then that
> too would be a sham, particularly more so in our own eyes.  If we can
> objectively make this switch, then the sham nature of the Iraqi
> elections take on greater meaning.

The above repeats the claim that the elections are a sham.

> Again, as above, the evidence is simple:  Forced occupation by a
> foreign power, and a process that did not originate with the Iraqi
> people themselves.  The forced regime change, occupation, and forced
> election procedures are all the evidence that is necessary.

This is modifying the claim. The claim was that the election
was a sham. Proving that the regime change was forced is irrelevant.

Back to the dictionary.

Sham: A trick that deludes

Which of the things quoted above is part of a trick that deludes?
The Iraq people know that the regime change was forced. They are
far from ignorant or deluded about it. They know all about it.

Regards
Tim

Crusade - The Path of Sorrows
Gideon: The stake's a hundred, call or fold.