Good evening, Frank...

Frank Reichert wrote:

> The limitations the President seeks for imposing restrictions on the
> number and type of securities taxpayers will be forced to choose from
> is scary given the track record of political under the table deals
> that politicians make all the time to prop up and pour government
> corporate welfare into often failing or under capitalized enterprises.

My point exactly, Frank.

> As I understand it, there will be "approved" stocks and mutual fund
> portfolios 'allowed' in which taxpayers will have the option of
> choosing one or more of the approved ones.  All other investments, not
> so approved, would be off limits insofar as the transfer deduction to
> a retirement account with the social security offset in place.
>
> Now, how many politicians do you really trust, not to mention the
> bureaucrats running the programme, with your retirement investment
> funds?  I would suggest that the ones giving the most lucrative
> campaign contributions might very well be on the government's overall
> 'approved' list of securities, while upstart young corporations that
> might show more promise, would be left out.  Talk about a government
> subsidy to the rich and famous!

Not just a subsidy to the rich and famous, but very *specific* rich and
famous friends and contributors of whatever President is in office at any
given time, starting with the Bush family. Come to think of it, wasn't
Enron a heavy contributor to the Bush re-election campaign?

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot

 Fortune Random Thought For the Minute
If they were so inclined, they could impeach him because they don't like
his necktie.
                -- Attorney General William Saxbe