Good morning, Frank...

Frank Reichert wrote:

> Isn't all of this really 'very special'.  I have to wonder why
> ordinary 'voters' don't pick up on a lot of this.  Honestly.  Why do
> ordinary Americans seem to be left in a fog of sorts when they walk
> into the voting booths, and can't pick up on what ought to be the
> obvious?
>
> I don't know honestly, although I have my pet theories.

I have my pet theories, too, but generally keep them on a big chain hidden
in the back yard. ;-)

Back in November, I asked some of the very same questions, as I pondered
at the time, if anyone were actually *listening* to the hyperbole
surrounding the Bush plan he was expounding. Now that the details of the
current Bush budget proposal are becoming known, I cannot help but wonder
why anyone would be surprised that some of the government programs which
serve the very poorest of society are high on the list of those due to be
cut, among them Medicaid, farm supports and Neighborhood Block Grants.

Imagine that! Bush is taking money away from one of the *only* sources of
assistance for the farmers and indigent/elderly and using it to fund his
war in Iraq. You'll have to pardon me while I get nauseous.

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot

 Fortune Random Thought For the Minute
A drama critic is a person who surprises a playwright by informing him
what he meant.
                -- Wilson Mizner