Frank Reichert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in small part:

>> Also, what about the male nurse who rapes a comatose woman?  Is it ok if
he
>> uses a condom so she doesn't get pregnant?  After all, she can't object.

>She didn't consent either, did she?

Nor did the condom, which was as conscious as she was.`

>the woman had no way to consent in a
>comatose state.

But also no way to notice, and therefore no way to be harmed, any more than
the condom had.

>This is the same argument that might suggest that an absentee
>landlord's land could be violated, stolen, or used without his or
>her own consent, since such landlord wasn't present at the time
>that such property was used or abused.

I was going to bring up that very example myself, for the opposite opinion.
 If someone uses your land without your ever finding out about it, and puts
everything back so you never know the difference, how can you be said to
have been harmed?  What are your damages?

All values are subjective; all subjectivity requires consciousness.

In Your Sly Tribe,
Robert