Two different things here

> I don't believe calling our body our property. To negate the fact that
> even though I personally believe I have a soul and this body is just
> for use until I pass on, it's still my body which harbored my soul

That makes it your property far more than any mere parcel of land or
personal belonging.

But the basic point of this thought process is that you belong to you and no
one else. God didn't give you to me, or Rob or the two of us as a groups, or
any number of people as society.

Conster belongs to Conster. period.

This is a basic element of ethics. A lot of the rest follows from this
premise

and
> in the case of someone being comatose, there is no proof that comatose
> people are not aware of their surroundings.

That's a whole different but good point

However.

Rob's premise is that if no one knows you did it, then no harm is done.

I prefer my own sense of ethics to be internally driven.  Whatever I do,  *I
know* I did it.  And if I do something wrong, then my conscience says so and
makes me miserable,  That's all about my view of me.

If someone doesn't have this internal sense of what's right and wrong,
that's their look out...

until they cross me...

--
Jay P Hailey ~Meow!~
MSNIM - jayphailey ;

No human being has the right -- under any circumstances -- to initiate force
against another human being, nor to advocate, threaten or delegate its
initiation