Good morning, Dave!

I took a quick look at the links you gave below.  The first one was a long
page of links.  I wasn't going to try to sort out what was what there to try
to validate any of your claims.  The wiki link, at least when I
visited--could be changed by now by anyone to anything, said that the Bush
Administration was responsible for leaning on a power company in India to do
a $3 billion deal.  The next one noted that this deal was sealed four days
after Enron sent 100,000 to the DNC--oh yeah, Ken Lay also had played golf
with Clinton.  This was in 1997, or earlier since the link (now broken) is
to a 1997 Time article.

Enron went bust during the Bush administration's first year.  I'm still
confused about whether I'm supposed to be mad at Bush for not propping it up
longer or whether I'm supposed to be mad at Bush for not making sure it went
bankrupt on his first day in office.

And yes, Don Evans and Paul O'Neil got calls from people trying to prop up
Enron--including from former (Clinton) Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin
asking for help propping up Enron.  The Bush administration officials
decided to do nothing, but we're supposed to be mad at them (or Bush, I'm
still not sure which) because they didn't tell Bush.  I'm also in the dark
as to just what Bush was supposed to have done with the information if he
had received it.

Of course, I'm NOT supposed to be mad at Clinton for allowing the CIA to be
misused by Enron when Enron was trying to get a pipeline going through
Afghanistan.  I say this because the article does not say when this CIA
misuse occurred or under what administration.  But I happen to know from
other sources that the pipeline project was long-dead when Bush was
inaugurated.

As for the Cheney meetings, they look suspicious until you realize that they
didn't do Enron any good--it still went bankrupt.

I'm sorry, Dave, but most of these claims appear to be about as bankrupt as
Enron itself.

Lowell C. Savage
It's the freedom, stupid!
Gun control: tyrants' tool, fools' folly.