Good evening again, Robert!

Robert Goodman wrote to Tim Bedding...

You wrote:
> >> That's not so!  It is widely recognized that Americans are among
> >> the most, if not the most, litigious in the world.

To which, Tim replied:
> >You will agree that a large proportion of the US population do
> >not get involved in litigation of the nature mentioned by
> >the post by shadow I take it, litigation designed to hit
> >back at the courts.

And, you replied:
> Sure, I'll agree, but of course MOST people EVERYWHERE don't get involved
> with ANY litigation, and the "nature mentioned by the post by shadow" is
> such a narrow category it's hard to make meaningful comparisons.

Before going much further, I have to suggest very strongly that I agree with
Tim here!  Maybe that was what I was trying to suggest in the first place.
Most people won't get into a court battle over much of anything, unless that
is, unless they are challenged, or otherwise forced into it not of their own
choice.  It's a push come to shove type of situation.

> Anyway, I strongly doubt that the victims of eminent domain fight back any
> less hard in the USA than in other countries.

Maybe not.

However, the other side of the same coin might suggest that people WON'T fight
back normally anyway, whatever country they reside in.  Which is the case I
made originally, or tried to anyway.

When 'government' dictates condemnation of property, as it usually takes place
in the US, probably the majority of people will go along with such dictates
without challenge.  That has certainly been my experience anyway.

The bottom line, or so it appears, is that the majority of folks will go along
with whatever the government decides is best, for the greatest good. That is
what 'Iminnent Domain' is all about, now isn't it?

Kindest regards,
Frank