https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173684

--- Comment #5 from LeroyG <[email protected]> ---
(In reply to ady from comment #4)
> (In reply to LeroyG from comment #2)
> > (In reply to ady from comment #1)
> > 
> > > Additionally, please consider the setting: menu Tools > Options > Calc >
> > > General > (Input Settings) "Position cell reference with selection".
> > I have it enabled. By disabling it, I see no difference in this issue.
> 
> If you change the current behavior you would see a difference.
Could you tell me what difference?


> > > Whichever the case, I believe that the affected range is what the Name Box
> > > (upper-left corner on LTR worksheets) marks, independently of "active" 
> > > cell.
> > No.
> > 1. Select by headers one or more rows
> > 2. Hold Ctrl and select downward by headers more that one row
> > 3. Hold Shift and press Up Arrow once
> > Look at the Name Box.
> 
> I see nothing that I would not expect to see on the Name Box.
If there is more than one range selected, you would see the active cell
reference, not the affected range.

> > Although after step 3 you can write in the active cell, regardless of
> > whether it is outside the selection, you can't come back to it with step 5.
> 
> I must be misunderstanding something.
You get it.

> I do understand that the initial active cell might not be part of the
> selected area. That depends on how exactly you select the area / cells. IOW,
> the initial active cell might not be part of the selection at some point;
> the former is not necessarily part of the latter.
That's how it is.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to