Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 23:01:37 -0500
From: "Maya Rushing Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: upgrades to a 70CT

Dear Matthew,

Except for having a defective screen replaced (under warranty, thank
goodness!), my system is untouched.  It still runs the original Win95 and
has only the original 16 MB RAM.  I believe it is a 133 MHz, is it not?  I'm
not willing to try overclocking...I am very risk averse, and if I mess up my
Libretto, I will be VERY upset.  I depend on it heavily.

I am absolutely going to put in all the RAM it will handle, and then perhaps
if the gods are smiling on me, I will try out Win 98...this means I need to
buy a portable CD-ROM device first, groan...I do not use any fancy programs
on this particular machine, but I would like to get Norton Utilities and
AntiVirus onto it, at least.  I am terrified of adding a new hard drive...do
not know a thing about disk partitioning or hibernation or what-have-you....

I have a great car power converter, too!  It's been a godsend...so has the
Libretto.  Just shove the thing into my briefcase and take off.

Thanks so much...will report if I end up someplace I don't want to be!  Maya