Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 08:19:27 -0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: upgrades to a 70CT

>From: Ken Hansen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>You want two cards and a crossover cable. An example of the crossover cable
>would be:
>
>     http://www.axiontech.com/cgi-local/prdtinfo.asp?prdt=ACGNRJ453C

Ken,

I haven't been following this thread as closely as I should have been.  I'm
looking at getting a ethernet/56k modem for my 50CT, and was expecting to
pay over $100 at least.  But I went to the site you mentioned and for the
following:

  http://www.axiontech.com/cgi-local/prdtinfo.asp?prdt=NCXCCEM56100

Which is a:

XIRCOM:CEM56-100,10/100MBPS ETHERNET & 56K MODEMCOMBO,PCMCIA,WITH
RJ45 CONNECTOR,NEW PULL,OEM

For $56!  I don't know much about this technology, except I would guess this
must be a software 'Win' modem, and not a hardware modem for that price.

Any suggestions for a good deal for one of these combo cards?

Matt