Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:35:45 -0500
From: "Lawrence Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: libretto 100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Lagerweij" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Libretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 4:32 PM
Subject: libretto 100

> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:25:54 +0100
> From: "Steven Lagerweij" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: libretto 100
>

> 3) Has anyone build a power adapter for a car battery and can share some
> thoughts about it? Like what does it really need to run properly: the
> adapter says 15V, but can it do with 12V for example?

12V won't work. There are 3rd party car adapters that convert 12v to 15v.
Make sure it says L100 because of the special plug used by L100 (different
than L50/70).

> 4) The current bios is v6.5, does upgrading bring any significant
> improvements of any kind?

If you want to install Win98/ME and want to use the ACPI function properly,
you will need 7.00 BIOS. If you want to install win2000, you will need 8.00
BIOS. However, since you don't have a floppy drive, you can not upgrade your
BIOS at all (it requires to boot and run BIOS upgrade program from a
floppy).

> 5) Are memory upgrades still available and under what name do they go by?

I bought a Kingston one (32MB). There are a few brands of memory upgrade for
L100. Make sure it says for L100/110. The ones for L50/70 won't fit.