Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:19:22 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re:  New Libretto 100CT owner

>Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:25:51 -0400
>From: Cray Drygu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re:  New Libretto 100CT owner
>Also, I assume that these disk managers (IBM's, EZ-drive, etc) come with
>nice, easy instructions?  And cause no problems?  I've never had to use one
>of those, either, and never really trusted them, but that's only because I
>have no idea how they work ;)

U may use any partitioning program. All of them work when the diskmanager is
active. The easiest way (well, if anybody has a better idea, tell us) is to
make 2 partitions before installing the diskmanager. One big one (7.X GB) and
one at the end of about 100 MB (the last one is for hibernation and U don't
need to format it, because the Bios will corrupt it anyway). Then install
your diskmanager and partition the rest. You can do all this with MsDos fdisk
or any program.
Doing it this way U might have a not usable drive e: (which you can hide in
Windows). If you want the 3rd partition to be drive D you need to make the
2nd a non-DOS partition. Another option is to leave the space unpartitioned
which is possible by some "sophisticated" partitioning software. You also may
delete the second partition after creating the third one.
The only important thing is to create the hibernation space at the end of the
space the bios recognises without the help of a disk manager.
And a last hint: Do the partitioning stuff on the Libretto not on the Desktop
PC. I have had some little surprises when doing the partitioning not on the
Libretto...

Good luck

Olaf

P.D.
Operating the ONtrack Disk Manager (this is the one I know) is not difficult
at all. Anyway, if you keep your data on the old drive for some time you
cannot cause any damage. Just be sure to connect the desktop-IDE-adapter
correctly!!! Pin 1 is the one near the jumper-bridges of the drive.