Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:50:05 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] TDK Digital Music Card 9000

>Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 07:48:15
>From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>>What do you think the quality for the stereo input of that EXP $68 PCMCIA
>>sound card would be?
>>
>>Matt
>>

>Not a clue...

These sleepless nights are really beginning to contribute to thinking that's
so much foggier than my usual foggy self.  I guess I've fallen into the sam
esort of  thinking that people have done with me when I solved some problem
that perplexed them, then subsequently they started thinking I'd have
answers for their Aunt Flo's bursitis.

Found some specs for the EXP sound card (see bottom). Not hugely impressive.
  Seems the Yamaha YMF262 is another bread of OPL-3.  I see that OPL-3
doesn't not completely define the Yamaha sound controller chip does it.

"20 voice full stereo" ...may refer to MIDI voices... which, if that's true
is pretty poor.  I think that's about what the OPL-3 in my 50/70 Libs have.

"Half Duplex" - That's impressive ;-P

I can't find any links to the OPL-3 chipset specifications, and there's not
much more about this EXP sound card... so it's hard to evaluate it's
quality.

Matt

-----------------------------

SoundNote S-16

PC Card 16-bit stereo sound card with built-in mono-speaker

FEATURES

Full Adlib, Sound Blast Pro compatible
Full Windows Sound System compatible
16 bit stereo sound quality
ADPCM and ESPCM decompression
Yamaha YMF262 synthesizer using 4 operator modes with 20 voice full stereo
Volume control by manual or sound application software
Built-in microphone (MONO), External microphone 3.5mm  jack provided
Built-in speaker (MONO) plus 3.5 mm jack for external speaker or headset
(stereo)
Stereo line-in 3.5mm jack
Pop out speaker stand

SPECIFICATIONS
Dimension: 75mm x 45mm x 16 mm
Weight: 2.5 oz
16 bit sampling and playback:
8, 16 bit PCM 2KHz to 44.1KHz in stereo
ADPCM compression(2:1) and decompression(2:1, 3:1, 4:1)
Audio output:
Output level: 11.5V Max
Controller Interface
PC Card (PCMCIA/JEIDA) interface
Half Duplex
Operating system: Win 3.x, 95/98

WARRANTY

1 year standard warranty.

PRICE

Please click here for the updated price.

TO ORDER OR INQUIRE

Please e-mail us at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or call (301) 572-2168 to order and/or
inquire. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express as well as
government and university POs.  International orders, POs, and COD payments
are also accepted but may require additional fees.  Please view our ordering
information page by clicking here.