Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 02:15:54 -0800
From: "Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: FAQ TIME! (was: Re: [LIB] So who makes an 8.4mm drive?)

This has been covered TONS of times in the Archives.

Tim, I really suggest you read through the Archives before rehashing questions
that have been covered soooo many times before.

Also, go here - http://www.silverace.com/libretto/
Read it all.  It will really help, it helped me in the beginning.

But to answer your question, 9.5mm drives fit FINE in the 50/70 and 100/110, you
just have to remove some small spacers from inside the machine, or you might
stress the mb and break the RAM solder joints free.

I see that:
listed in the footer is no longer there - does anyone know where that info went,
or is it what is posted at the Adorable site?  Can we get it removed from the
message footer?

I am willing to host an HTML FAQ with links to useful pages, but I don't have
time to track them all down, so if people could reply to this thread with the
more useful pages they've found THAT STILL EXIST, I'll start building a links
page.

Then again, if someone has already built a really good links page, we need it
added to the footer of messages to the list.

Matthew Hanson wrote:

> Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:57:26 +0000
> From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [LIB] So who makes an 8.4mm drive?
>
> >Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 07:48:51 +0000
> >From: T i m <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I just had a quick look around some suppliers on the net and all the 2
> >1/2" drives seem to be 9.5.. at the thinnest?
> >
> >What should I look for (assuming we resolve the "Will a 9.5mm drive
> >damage a 50CT" or not Q)
>
> An awful lot of folks on the list have stuffed 20GB HDDs in their old Libbys
> recently, including me.  It'd be interesting to hear if anyone has had any
> problems.  People have been doing this for a few years now too.  I'll be
> interested to read Pres's comments on his failures.
>
> Matt

> Do above but with this on subject line: cmd:unsubscribe digest

Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/
***DSM Visual FAQ home
***http://ba.dsm.org/