Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:46:03 +0700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] Lib 100CT / Win2000

> This L100 (running at 266MHZ mind you) has a dual boot of both Win98 and
> Win2000.
> I will be removing Win2000 and using Win98 for myself.
>
> It is setup to hibernate from Win2000 every time the power button is
> pressed, and this is relatively quick, however a full reboot takes a long
> time, a very long time.

My "comparison" isn't a straight one, however - L110 with 64MB memory:-

-- Win'98 on 4.3GB HDD - from memory (timed it once but can't find the
original post) - something like 2 minutes and a few odd seconds (2:06 rings
a bell)

-- Win'2K on 30GB HDD - 90 seconds

Win'2K shuts down a hell of a lot faster than '98 (and more reliably, too).

> The OS itself is quite unresponsive, and its only being used for email and
> some web browsing at the moment.
>
> Win98 on the other hand is very quick in comparision.

I'm finding things are about the same (I'd expected some things to be slower
but that is certainly not what i'm now experiencing), but things don't slow
down anywhere near as much when there's "too much" going on or something
goes pear shaped.

> I take it that it is impossible to upgrade the memory past 64Mb ?
> Does the BIOS support more than 64Mb ?
> What about piggybacking more chips on top of the expansion ones, as
Win2000
> really could do with 128Mb.

Count me in if you find a way...  :-)