Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:27:23 -0800
From: Chester Prudhomme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Lib 100CT / Win2000

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:46:03 +0700
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [LIB] Lib 100CT / Win2000

> My "comparison" isn't a straight one, however - L110 with 64MB memory:-
>
> -- Win'98 on 4.3GB HDD - from memory (timed it once but can't find the
> original post) - something like 2 minutes and a few odd seconds (2:06 rings
> a bell)
>
> -- Win'2K on 30GB HDD - 90 seconds
>
> Win'2K shuts down a hell of a lot faster than '98 (and more reliably, too).

After seeing this post about timing shutdown of Win2K on a L100 I ran the same
timings on my L110 with Win2K as was done above with Win98 & Win2K. I found that
my unit (with the original 4.3G HD and 64mb memory) was up and running in 1:25
seconds and shut down in 15 seconds! I have only had the L110 for a few weeks
and am familiar with the Win2K OS from using it on my desktop but I don't see a
lot of difference in its speed and facility on the Libretto. Someone mentioned
some sites where one can find info about trimming the Win2K OS (and I would like
to know more about this) but I can't imagine that it would work that much more
efficiently in doing so? Why would 64mb's of memory work with Win2K more
effectively in a L110 than a L100 - the smaller HD shouldn't have much of an
influence at least for booting up - or does it?

Chester