Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:32:00
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Cardbus & L100

>Watch out for Exact Audio Copy though.  The program sent my M820E into
>convulsions trying to set it up.  The gears sounded like they were actually
>grinding so badly, I'm not absolutely sure if there wasn't some damage
>done.
>  At a later point I noticed a tapping playing audio CDs that I'm not
>certain was there before.

EAC is a vicious bit of software - it will try and retry to get the audio
data off without glitches, and sometimes tries tens of times for the same
chunk of data. I've known it take ten hours for a single CD, which is why I
prefer WinDAC32. I've not noticed any ill effects from using EAC, though
I've only ever used it on a desktop.

Neil