Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:17:03 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] Cardbus & L100

In a message dated 3/25/02 12:16:36 AM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Lee or TWIMC,
>
>  If you ever are interested in extracting MP3s with the M820E drive, you'll
>  find it picky.  I couldn't get my v4.0 MusicMatch or EASY CD-DA software
>  work with it at all.
>
>  I ended up going with the WinDAC32 program that Neil recommended.  It
works
>  very well.  I was never able to figure out how to extract MP3s with Winamp
>  as someone suggested.  I think I read where it requires a plugin.  It is
>  convenient having your MP3 player be your ripper too.
>
>  Watch out for Exact Audio Copy though.  The program sent my M820E into
>  convulsions trying to set it up.  The gears sounded like they were
actually
>  grinding so badly, I'm not absolutely sure if there wasn't some damage
done.

>    At a later point I noticed a tapping playing audio CDs that I'm not
>  certain was there before.
>
>  Matt

Hmm, I have had good luck with the m820e so far.  Using Easy CD Creator I
have copied audio directly to the m820e from a Toshiba CDROM, and copied data
from CD directly to it.  This all using the m820e attached to an Adaptec
AHA-2940 host adapter in a desktop.  The next project will be using the Lib
with it.  So far, it (m820e) has been very quiet and cooperative.  I have not
ripped with it though, so will report on that ASAP.

Lee