Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:24:45 +0700
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110

> I think Win2K will only hibernate using BIOS when battery power
> is exhausted.

As I understand it, Win'2K *cannot* do a BIOS hibernate.

Also, Win'2K cannot intercept the "hardware hibernate" - no OS can.
So, your Libretto gets too hot and does a thermal shutdown - there are no
options for this, you can't configure it to do something else instead, and
you can't disable it. It just hibernates where the BIOS "thinks" the end of
the HDD is, even if that is actually in the middle of your drive, and no
matter if that space is reserved for the hibernation dump or filled with
your precious data.