Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:02:06 -0400
From: "Lawrence Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gennadiy Tsygan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Libretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 2:21 PM
Subject: Re[2]: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110

> I powered L110 off during the OS selection menu and it hibernated OK.
> Looks like I am safe, but to be sure I think, I will have to fill up both
> partitions, hibernate, and run scandisk. I still have doubts about the
crash of
> the old L100. I had the largest possible first partition with Win98 and
second
> partition with XP. After hibernation XP was dead. But shouldn't the
hibernation
> data be written in the end of the first partition, not in the beginning of
the
> second one? Or may be my first partition was a little smaller and second
one
> started a little earlier?

Sounds like you misunderstand how Lib BIOS hibernation works. It writes data
to a specific location (specifically a specific cylinder number) in the disk
no matter how the disk is partitioned. When create a partition that includes
that location, the BIOS hibernation will overwrite that partition data.