Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 08:28:54 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] 2GB Toshiba PCMCIA Card Hard Drive $12.xx after rebate!

>From: "Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>It does not say one per person or household, just one per product.

I was stumbling over the wording for that.

>The only way you'd be sending fraudulent multiple submissions under this
>wording is if you copied the UPC and tried to redeem 2 rebates from one
>product.

Sounds right, but they're almost LOOKING for someone to buy out their stock
in one swell foop.

>Drat, here's what I got about an hour after placing my order:
>----------
>Thank you for placing your order with Gateway Accessories Store.
>
>The following item from your order is currently on backorder.  While we
>cannot deliver the item as quickly as anticipated, we expect to deliver
>within 30 days.

>Now I'm going to have to figure out if I cancel the order.  If they send a
>receipt dated the day it ships, it will most likely be outside of the
>rebate period.

Their tech support is open 24/7, but the Gateway Accessory Store phone
operates"

"Gateway Accessory Store Order Assistance (for orders placed after
5/1/2002): 877-285-6043 [Mon-Fri 5am-11pm (PST) and Sat-Sun 10am-6pm"

If someone hasn't already done it by the time I'm up, I'll call them and see
if they can tell me what the deal will be with their being out of stock, and
the date for qualifying for the rebate coming in a few days.  Though they
probably have no contol of it since it's Toshiba that's isueing the rebates.

This deal has already been running for a number of days.  No doubt one or
more people have already ordered large lots that dried up their suppies.

However I think it was Gateway I ordered some 110 memory from when they were
out of stock, and they were restocked and shipping in a couple of days.

Matt