Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:56:56 -0700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [LIB] How to calculate cylinder#s from sector#s?

Matt, I don't know how to answer your questions, but I am curious how you would use
the answer. I am in the process of finishing the installation of WIN2000 on my CT100
and I need to change the partitions on the 10G drive I have. I was planning on using
Partition Magic, but the only thing I have been able to do with partition Magic is
specify (in gross amounts) how many MB I want for each partition. How do you use the
cylinder information to set up the drive correctly? What software do you use?

I also have a second question regarding switching in an external monitor. I seem to
recall in one of your posts that their was a software way of doing this. With WIN95
and the Toshiba Utilities you could change it quite easily. With WIN2000, I no longer
have these utilities. My main objective is twofold: 1. I want to dock the CT100 and
have the screen image fill the monitor. 2. I want to use a "beamer" for presentations
and get the result to look correct. Any help here would be appreciated.

Third question. I bought the CompUSA USB2 to PC card adapter and it worked beautifully
in the CT100. However, I cannot use my wireless LAN card, nor my modem, nor my LAN
card with it because the card sticks out preventing X-Jacks from being used (LAN &
modem), and thickness of wireless LAN prevents it from going in. The only solution I
can see is to get "dongles" for each of the cards I want to use with the USB card.
This could get to be expensive to replace all these cards. CompUSA also had the tiny
USB optical mouse with cord retractor that I was going to buy so I could use it with
the wireless LAN. Any body else solve this problem cheaply?

Thanks, Dick