Some one in personal email said:

> This is what proper design of header files is all about.  Don't put
> what you don't want used in the installed header files.

I just KNEW someone would say that. The thing is programs that USE the
library use a different part than those who IMPLEMENT part of the library.
The library interface for those programs is more subject to change thus I
may break binary compatibly for PSPELL own modules but I don't wish to
break compatibility for programs with just USE the library.  Thus I want
two diffrent interfaces for the same library.  Normal programs will link
to one and pspell modules and possibly other spell checkers will link to
the other.

> On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> > For one of my projects (pspell, http://pspell.sourceforge.net) I want to
> > have to different interfaces into the same library.  One interface I hope
> > to rarely have to change and it is for other applications to link into the
> > library.  The other interface will change very often and it is intended
> > for the psepll modules and possible other spell checkers to link into.  Is
> > this type of thing possible to do with libtool (or with shared libraries
> > in general).  Naturally it is the programmers restorability to link into the
> > right interface because there is nothing stopping them from using some of
> > low level symbols but link into the higher level interface.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.  It would really help me out.

---
Kevin Atkinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/