On Mar 20, 2000, Kevin Atkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The current version of libtool's does not support linking to other
> libtool's libraries.  Does the current CVS version?

Yep, sorry, forgot to mention that :-(

> How stable is the CVS version?

I've been using it for Kaffe, and others have been using it for other
large projects.  It appears to work reasonably well.

> How will this behave with static libraries?

Whenever the second library is linked in, libtool will implicitly link
in any other libraries it depends on.  Of course, this assumes people
will be using libtool for linking.  If not, they'll have to link in
both libraries explicitly.

--
Alexandre Oliva    Enjoy Guaranį, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com