On 2012.07.16 11:43, Markus wrote:
> Is it correct that the root hub of a host controller has always
> address 255 on the given USB bus?

To answer your question, no that is not the case, at least across
platforms. On Windows however root hubs will always have 255 as their
address.

I have now logged an enhancement [1], currently targeted at 1.0.14, to
see if we can ensure that root hubs identified by libusbx always have
the same address, across all platforms.

Is there a specific reason you would need root hubs to always have the
same address on a single platform, or across multiple platforms?

Regards,

/Pete