On 2012.07.17 00:44, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Is it true also for Windows?

The current code doesn't attempt to cache any descriptors for root hubs,
which I think may be because the calls returned with an error when we
tried it.

However, I could very much see some of the vendor specific USB 3.0
drivers returning some data, should Intel, Renesas, Fresco Logic et al.
decide they want to. On Windows 7, and unlike what is the case on 8, the
USB 3.0 root hub drivers, as well as HCD ones, are only proprietary, and
there are quite a few, which means that there's a chance one of these
drivers may actually honour the calls...

Still, we currently do not try to poke root hubs for data during enum on
Windows, so, even if allowed, libusbx won't return much...

Regards,

/Pete