[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Josh,
Thank you a lot for replying.
I went through the perldoc and did the following:

1. copy the certificates in a directory under the html
2. set the ENV variables,
export HTTPS_CA_FILE=/certs/wbmQA_cert.cer export HTTPS_CA_DIR=/certs/
3. set the debug mode
Is ther a way to tell from the output below what went wrong?

I think you wanted to use these for client site cert...

          # CLIENT CERT SUPPORT
          $ENV{HTTPS_CERT_FILE} = 'certs/notacacert.pem';
          $ENV{HTTPS_KEY_FILE}  = 'certs/notacakeynopass.pem';

The CA stuff is to verify the server cert.

--Josh

Thanks again

===OUTPUT
SL_connect:before/connect initialization
SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A
SSL3 alert write:fatal:unknown
SSL_connect:error in SSLv3 read server certificate B
SSL_connect:error in SSLv3 read server certificate B
SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client hello A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A
SSL3 alert write:fatal:bad certificate
SSL_connect:error in SSLv3 read server certificate B
SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
SSL_connect:SSLv2 write client hello A
SSL_connect:failed in SSLv2 read server hello A
Failed: 500 SSL negotiation failed: error:1406D0FD:SSL routines:GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown remote error type
500 (Internal Server Error) SSL negotiation failed: error:1406D0FD:SSL routines:GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown remote error type
Client-Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 22:41:09 GMT
======

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have added SSL support to my libwww and I am able to download

some

sites with the LWP::UserAgent. The problem is that there is a site

that

needs me send a certificate for identification otherwise I get the response:

Failed: 500 SSL negotiation failed: error:1406D0FD:SSL routines:GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown remote error type

Please notice that when I use the browser IE for that URL, it

prompts

me with that client authentication window: "The web site you want

view request identification. Select the certificate to use when connecting." Then I can put the certifcate file there and have the browser retrieve the page.

My question is, how can I send a certificate to a server along with with my form post? Thanks a lot for the help.

If you are using Crypt::SSLeay for SSL, then check out the "perldoc

Crypt::SSLeay"

You will find these settings described which may be useful:

         # CLIENT CERT SUPPORT
         $ENV{HTTPS_CERT_FILE} = 'certs/notacacert.pem';
         $ENV{HTTPS_KEY_FILE}  = 'certs/notacakeynopass.pem';

         # CA CERT PEER VERIFICATION
         $ENV{HTTPS_CA_FILE}   = 'certs/ca-bundle.crt';
         $ENV{HTTPS_CA_DIR}    = 'certs/';

         # CLIENT PKCS12 CERT SUPPORT
         $ENV{HTTPS_PKCS12_FILE}     = 'certs/pkcs12.pkcs12';
         $ENV{HTTPS_PKCS12_PASSWORD} = 'PKCS12_PASSWORD';

Regards,

Josh

NodeWorks Link Checker                 http://www.nodeworks.com