[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Thanks for all the help.
This SSL deal is making a lot more sense to me right now. I have added the following lines to my perl code:

$ENV{'HTTPS_DEBUG'} = 1;
$ENV{'HTTPS_CERT_FILE'} = '/usr/share/ssl/certs/pub_test.crt';
# $ENV{HTTPS_KEY_FILE}  = # I don't have.  Hopefully is not needed

It still fails. Line 12 of the output says "bad certificate". I am wondering is there is a way to make sure that the UserAgent is actualy sending out my certificate file pub_test.crt?

I think you need both the KEY and the CERT, at least that's what I have always done when testing this. If anyone knows differently, I hope they can say so now!

You can check the function call Net::SSL::configure_certs and add
some debug code to make sure its being loaded, but it likely is.
You can run your perl program under strace of some equivalent to
make sure the file is really being read.

Regards,

Josh
NodeWorks Link Checker                 http://www.nodeworks.com