FWIW, I agree.

Again, there is a difference between, maybe, what we are allowed
to do and what we *should* do. OSI *might* be able to determine
what we legally can do (though I doubt that), but they have
not a clue (no disrespect) what our *policy* is as well as
the background and rationale behind that policy.

Letter vs. intent.