(dropping members@)

As Larry noted, the ASF board makes a distinction between what is
legally possible, and what our policy is. The rationale behind
that policy can easily be found. Larry's proposal would be a major
policy change for the ASF and, we (the ASF) are confident, would
cause major discussion and disruption and confusion to our end-users,
who now, for valid reasons, consider ASF code as "safe" and "brain-dead
easy" to consume and leverage.