On 27.05.2015, at 20:17, Lawrence Rosen <lro...@rosenlaw.com> wrote:

> If we amended the proposal to leave out the GPL licenses, would that calm
> your concerns?
>
> I'd really hate to do that at Apache for that set of generous FOSS licenses,
> but fear is fear.... Apache didn't cause this fear of "infection" and Apache
> can't cure it. There is a group of attorneys that is drafting an appropriate
> "exception" that would allow at least some GPL software to be aggregated with
> Apache software.
>
> But are ALL other OSI-approved licenses OK with you?

I'd personally not be inclined to make a blanket statement on all OSI-approved
licenses - the list is quite longish.

For example, it is my understanding that the following clause from the LGPL
also represents a reciprocal licensing term that we do not wish our downstream
users to be affected by:

> 6. As an exception to the Sections above, you may also combine or link a
> "work that uses the Library" with the Library to produce a work containing
> portions of the Library, and distribute that work under terms of your choice,
> provided that the terms permit modification of the work for the customer's
> own use and reverse engineering for debugging such modifications.

Actually, I wonder how this licensing term goes along with the OSI rule "9.
License Must Not Restrict Other Software".

Cheers,

-- Richard