On 05/10/09 5:29 PM, Timothy Perrett wrote:

> So I just wrote a Jetty 6 wrapper - getting the packaging working was
> not ideal and not as flexible as Jetty 7 jetty-runner.

Yes, just took a look at jetty-runner. Feature wise, it's blows away the
older mechanism man!

> Any thoughts in and around altering the lift code to adjust the
> package based on jetty version?

I can think of two options basically:

1. Move to jetty 7 and be done with it.

2. Allowing user option (via -Djetty.version) during archetype:generate.
jetty.version can be an overridable archetype property that defaults to
(say 6) but user can do -Djetty.version=7.

Depending on the jetty version, the *.scala, *.xml etc. can be filtered
to make the right kind of adjustment during archetype creation.

Cheers, Indrajit

>>> [2]http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/jetty-web.xml