Hi Lachlan,

In the mvn goal, you have to use -DarchetypeVersion=2.0-scala280-
SNAPSHOT instead :)

The full command should be:

mvn archetype:generate -U -DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb -
DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-basic -DarchetypeVersion=2.0-
scala280-SNAPSHOT -DarchetypeRepository=http://scala-tools.org/repo-
snapshots -DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshots -
DgroupId=ldeck.liftweb -DartifactId=hellolift

You can skip -DscalaVersion (since that is the default for
archetypeVersion 2.0-scala280-SNAPSHOT).

This should give you a *proper* project on scala 2.8. Let us know how
this goes.

Cheers, Indrajit