Two possible reasons for the J that come to mind are (1) the project lost
its Scala nature; add it again via the context menu; and (2) JDT weaving
became disabled (unlikely if it was working before).
If the J is hollow I think that may mean that there's an exclusion filter on
the folder, but I'm not sure.