At 12:57 17-9-03 +0200, you wrote:
The point isn't what symbols to use (designing them isn't so
difficult), but how to represent them internally. If we change that,
we will break a lot Scheme and C++ code. That is is inevitable, but
I'd rather get it right for once and for all.

I think what you suggested must be sufficient, for I don't think people will start asking about 1/3 sharps and/or 3/5 flats, but that is because I don't believe these kinds of accidentals exist.

Thorkil

PS: I updated the pages to which I referred to in my previous mail, so for those interested, here comes the link:
http://members.home.nl/wolvendans/