On 20 January 2011 18:30, Loïc Minier <loic.min...@linaro.org> wrote:
>        Hey
>
>  As a followup to IRC conversations around backports, releases and QA
>  today, I'd like to hear what others think of our Linaro PPAs.  I'll
>  start with some history and proposals:

To my mind the important constraint is that there should be some
relatively easy thing
that we can say to someone 'and this is how you get a stable Linaro';
and by that I mean the whole
thing - a set of tools that build and run everything else including a
kernel and preferably
debug it.

By 'easy' I mean relatively simple, but critically pretty difficult to
do wrong or miss a step.

There should be a 'stable' version of the entire set - i.e. we're not
asking someone else to pick
a particular kernel/tools/etc - so that it's easy for people to know
what they should get
and it 'should just work'.  And it should stay working up until at
least the next release.

Dave