On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:10:08AM +1300, Michael Hope wrote:
> > To my mind the important constraint is that there should be some
> > relatively easy thing
> > that we can say to someone 'and this is how you get a stable Linaro';
> > and by that I mean the whole
> > thing - a set of tools that build and run everything else including a
> > kernel and preferably
> > debug it.

> > By 'easy' I mean relatively simple, but critically pretty difficult to
> > do wrong or miss a step.

> > There should be a 'stable' version of the entire set - i.e. we're not
> > asking someone else to pick
> > a particular kernel/tools/etc - so that it's easy for people to know
> > what they should get
> > and it 'should just work'.  And it should stay working up until at
> > least the next release.

> Agreed.  I'd like an easy way of getting pre-built binaries of all the
> stable enough Linaro outputs.  On the toolchain side this would
> include the latest monthly releases of Linaro GCC, GDB, and QEMU in
> native and cross versions as appropriate.  A single PPA for the whole
> of Linaro would be nice.

If each WG publishes packages in their own PPA, it's simple enough to have
these packages (source+binaries) copied on a regular basis to a common "mix
master" PPA.  As long as there's no confusion between this and the overlay
PPA, that should be easy.  (After all, as a shining example, the toolchain
package we want shipped with the 6-month release is the one integrated in
Ubuntu and used to build all the binaries...  not the latest monthly
gcc-linaro release.)

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org