On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 06:42:33PM +0800, Andy Green wrote:
> On 5 August 2013 18:16, Mark Brown <broo...@linaro.org> wrote:

> > There may be other stuff lurking in linux-linaro that I'm not aware of,
> > everything is supposed to be individually selected for backport.

> Literally linux-linaro I'm not sure is useful for anything, the tree
> LTs are basing on is linux-linaro-core-tracking.

> It's composed by rebase and then merges, so it's easy to see what's in
> there from a quick git log.

That doesn't help with understanding why any of it is there or what it's
for.

> Sounds reasonable.... attached is our current patch for your
> consideration.  There's a permanent #warning about an unwind tables
> TODO this also knocks out the others are actual problems.

Please split this up into proper patches, and of course you should be
submitting any fixes upstream if they're still present - if you're doing
this sort of warning cleanup work it's going to be useful upstream too.
I had a quick glance through and:

 - Things like just assigning a value to variables at declaration are
   worrying since that just shuts up the flow analysis warnings even if
   they're actually pointing out a genuine missed code path.

 - The regmap change isn't something that I've seen upstream...

 - For printf() warnings consider changing the printf() format specifier
   to be accurate rather than casting.