On Thu, 18 Jun 2015, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> On 18-06-2015 05:44, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
> >> On Jun 17, 2015, at 3:15 AM, Nicolas Pitre <nicolas.pi...@linaro.org>
> >> wrote:

> >> It is commit 451133cefa upstream.
> >>
> >> Please consider merging for the next toolchain release.  I don't expect
> >> major conflicts if any.
> >
> > Hi Adhemerval,
> >
> > FAOD, are you planning to merge this feature into linaro's 2.25 or 2.24
> > branch?
> >
> > My [very light] preference is to merge it to 2.25, but not 2.24.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> Do we need it to 2.24? Is this patch preventing current kernel builds for
> older
> binutils releases?

Current kernels are fine without it.  My work on kernel tinification
requires it though.  Depending on when this work will be ready for wider
consumption, it would be nice if our binutils already carried the
necessary support.

I don't know what the 2.24 vs 2.25 release timeline is, but if 2.25 is
released, say, before next Connect then it should be good enough.

Nicolas