If using Google Groups or Groups.io requires having a Google account and
logging in to that, no thanks.  As with Slack, that is an extra step, and an
extra place to go to read the LT messages.  The beauty of the email-based list
is that it's right in with other daily communication.  It is so basic that it
works for all, whereas I suspect any "other 'modern' group communication
platform" may require a subscription, which is a turnoff, regardless if it is
free.

I know some people are logged in to Google all the time, but not everyone wants
to do that.

Andrew Pang
Brooks Hill Road