Allen,
I am not sure that all this is current.

From my past history as a Select (back in ancient times, 2000-2012), the
following comments and questions emerge.

#1-The chart did not show the potential for replacement of our water mains, and
the cost of the Water Treatment Plant and/or a move to the MWRA.
While these may not be on our tax bill, as they will need to come from the
Water Enterprise Fund, they are still bills to be paid for by users of the
town’s water system.
The cost  will appear on water bills.
As I do not have access to town water I do not pay a water bill so I may have
this wrong.
Perhaps the Water Board and/or Cap. Comm can weigh in on this…and correct me,
if need be.
Is there a State grant program that covers these costs?
CPC funds do not over any portion of this type of project-again, I would
welcome correction here, if needed.

#2)-The town does not own a sewage system, so this should not be part of our
discussion…unless the town is considering developing a town-wide sewage system.
But, I have no memory of that ever being contemplated.
Regardless, I do not see how the CPC funds would provide support here.

#3)-Smaller road projects are generally paid for from Chpt. 90 funds that the
State distributes to all cities and towns.
While not reflected on your property tax bill, these are from your state tax
dollars.
A large project, like was done in 2010-12, was paid for with a bond bill…our
tax dollars.
I do not recall state fund and/or a grant being part of this, except the annual
Chpt. 90 funds.
Perhaps DPW Superintendent Bibbo or TA Tim Higgins can make a
correction/clarification if it is needed.

#4)-There has been no indication that Cut.90 would be at risk-My most recent
read of regs does not show it tied to HCA compliance.

#5)-CPA funds are our tax dollars-with some % match from the state.
Are you suggesting they are at risk if we do not adopt the HCA proposal?
I certainly haven’t heard that, but perhaps you have more info to share.

#6) - It would be helpful to share what funds we are actually at risk of
losing, or gaining with the adoption of the zoning changes being proposed.

Yes, this are very complex issues and we need more clarity….see #6.
We need to be clear sighted and hard headed and make our decision based on data
and with the long-term implications cleary in sight.
While decisions we are making today may have little or no impact on us, they
certainly will for the next generation and those thereafter.

Finally, all funding, either from the state or from local taxes and fees, all
come from the same pockets-ours.

See you at SoTT!

Sara

------