The Pierce house?
I seem to recall tennis star, John McEnroe, having an expression for this ;)

I can’t imagine all the families whose kids participate in town events
throughout the year coexisting in the same location - setting aside the
traffic congestion and no doubt, everyone’s favorite proposed speed ‘humps’.

Vic

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 8:04 PM Peter Buchthal <pbucht...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> do it.  There are folks in this town with big houses and expensive cars.
>> Let's all dig deep and fund the build.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 9:44 AM Laura Crosby <lauracros...@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks John , a lot to think about  here. And yes, a good, well
>>> researched plan is being picked apart to such a degree that it may never
>>> happen. All of Lincoln could benefit greatly from a Community Center.  And
>>> it will never cost less than it will if we move forward now.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On Sep 14, 2023, at 7:53 AM, john gregg via Lincoln <
>>> lincoln@lincolntalk.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> If you build it they will come.
>>>

>>> You have services but no facility which makes it harder on the Parks and
>>> Rec staff or LEAP to provide quality services to everyone. You build a
>>> school with up to date facilities to help encourage people to move to
>>> Lincoln with children, you provide elderly services to keep families in the
>>> town, or even as families grow older the parents need more assistance and
>>> move back with the kids to help provide the necessary help instead of
>>> living alone. It gives flexibility and leverage to attract people to the
>>> town and then keep those people there instead of chasing people away
>>> because the overall view of Lincoln is they are concerned with themselves,
>>> not others, not a very diverse community of people live in the town.
>>>
>>> Lincoln is a beautiful town, lots of history. close to Boston but from
>>> the outside people do not want to move to Lincoln unless you fit the
>>> criteria. School population is going down for several reasons, we moved to
>>> Lincoln for the school and LSHS. My belief is that Lincoln needs to take a
>>> look in the mirror and ask if they just want to be a town where the
>>> priority is to continue to make Lincoln less welcoming to others or make it
>>> more welcoming. There is no need to run more studies, or take more census,
>>> the need is to understand and provide the necessary services for children,
>>> parents, and the elderly of the Town a Community Center makes Lincoln on
>>> par with other surrounding towns to be more attractive to move into.
>>>
>>> If this was a discussion to put in EV Charging stations at the Commuter
>>> Rail Parking lot for $10 Million dollars the project would already be under
>>> way, why is it that hard to commit to provide positive services to the
>>> community in general and society as a whole? A Community Center to house
>>> programs for the elderly, LEAP facility for after school programs that help
>>> working parents, a central housing area for Parks and Rec Staff to provide
>>> other quality services makes a community more centralized and welcoming.
>>> This entire discussion is eerily similar to the School discussion, at that
>>> did not end well.
>>>
>>> “ The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over
>>> again, but expecting different results” – Albert Einstein

>>> John