It should be noted that some of the projects in the Andy Wang posted - such as
the replacement of water pipes (and other Water / Sewage system upgrade or
repair projects), as well as road paving & improvement, are often partially or
fully paid-for by grants from the State - or sometimes from CPC funds.  They do
not impact our property taxes.

Bear in mind that such grants from the State will likely be at risk if we do
not continue to move forward with the proposed Housing Choice Act-related
zoning changes, which is a major topic on the agenda at the upcoming SOTT
meeting.  All these projects impact each other, which is why I am very glad I’m
not on the Select Board!  And is also why I very much appreciate the great job
Lincoln’s Government and Administration have done, and continue to do:
"threading the needle” to help the us successfully navigate all these competing
and yet highly interconnected needs and challenges - not just those at the
forefront today, but also preparing for those we will need to address in the
future.

- Allen Vander Meulen