Last week’s SOTT was a great place to collect information.
Each presentation was extremely well done.
Much of what we heard last week was new and provocative (in a good way).

What was sadly missing was a chance tor really discuss-to ask questions & make
comments-to hear each other and not just the presenters (who were excellent!).
It is like we need another SOTT to discuss what we aer still trying to digest
from last week.

The original intent of SOTT was to do just that-to hear each other out and to
be able to communicate our questions and concerns with our representatives as
they shaped policy and budget.
We were all in one space-the Donaldson Auditorium-questioning, debating,
discussing.
We were there  to provide feedback BEFORE things were set in stone, and to have
what was brought to us at Town Meeting to reflect our feedback.

It is that piece that is missing.

I don’t know if there is a mechanism to press a “pause” button and create a
community forum to discuss and debate what we have just been presented.

We now have what boards, committee and commissions are contemplating-they did a
fantastic job.
It is now our turn to have a role in shaping what his to come before us for a
vote.

We have important issues before us that will have the potential to shape the
physical and social landscape for generations to come.
We need to be very, very thoughtful as we move forward.

------
Sara Mattes