curved above the horizontal or below?

how many points on the path?

-Buzz

At 12:38 AM +0100 10/18/05, you wrote:
Hi list

It gets rather embarrassing when you come to what's supposed to be a simple task then you realise "hang on, my mathematics ability is dire" just as a deadline is due.

I want to animate a sprite between two points along a curved path and having looked around various resources for examples I find myself sadly lacking in being able to adapt them to my needs. So, until I have the time to dig out my old maths books and bring myself up to speed, can anybody give me a few pointers on what I should be looking at?

My requirements are simple as at this stage it's just for a little visual garnish so it doesn't have to be too adaptable, just take a start and end loc then animate between those two points with a nice curve thrown into the motion path.

TIA

Ross

___________________________________________________________ How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com [To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]