Ross Clutterbuck wrote:

I want to animate a sprite between two points along a curved path...

My requirements are simple as at this stage it's just for a little visual garnish so it doesn't have to be too adaptable, just take a start and end loc then animate between those two points with a nice curve thrown into the motion path.

Relatively quick answer:

however far along the path you are (a percentage) add or subtract (the sin of (that percentage of pi) times some nice multiplier) to or from the x and/or the y* of the sprite's loc if it were following the straight path.

*which will look better depends on the slope of the path

--

Carl West
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]