>    _global.pinch = script("pinch").new()
>    _global.pinch.destroy()

And to fill out the story then, your pinch script's sole purpose is to
copy/paste between windows then? You don't have any timeout object
references that get left dangling or anything inside that script object
despite calling what appears to be a destructor method (destroy())? Note
that in the end it may not be your code at all and that's why I'm hoping
to get a good understanding of things then let a test run on a spare
machine here, hopefully that can help sort out whether your code is at
fault or if we're dealing with a core authoring bug.

Cheers,
Tom Higgins | Product Manager | Director & the Shockwave Player
Adobe Systems Incorporated

http://weblogs.macromedia.com/thiggins/