Liela,

The devil is in the details, but chances are Director can display whatever media you have in your pages. And if it can do that, setting up the tracking part would likely be trivial for many of the developers on this list.

I'm not available, but I'm guessing you'll get a few responses from others.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about that "astronomical price" contractor. Ouch.

Dave Miller

Leila Singleton wrote:
Greetings, List,

My firm is currently working on a kiosk project that, if our current solution fails, might have to be done in Director. While I can do simple Director work, I am a graphic designer, not a programmer, and my Lingo skills are quite limited. As a result, should we turn this into a Director-based affair, we will need to hire someone to do the following (IF it is possible through Lingo):

- We would need some kind of solution that would track the path of a visitor through various "pages" of content in much the same way that Apache does for web sites; e.g., what buttons were clicked, what movies were watched, dates, times, some way of differentiating between visitors (probably time-contingent), etc.

- We would need to generate some kind of log of this activity that is either written directly to a CSV file or can be easily converted to said format. Also acceptable would be a log file like those Apache generates that can be run through something like Web Trends or Urchin.

Is something in this vein possible using Lingo? If you say yes, awesome. If you could do this in a time-efficient and cost-effective manner, you may be the answer to our prayers. We are not interested in novices who will take four weeks and thousands of dollars to develop this portion of the project; we've already wasted money on someone who promised a lot and delivered little at an astronomical price.

Again, this is not a guaranteed job; this is our fall-back in case our current solution fails. If you can tell me if what I've outlined is possible through Lingo, contact me via the list. If you are interested in possibly working on this, please contact me off-list. Also, if you are from/close to the Denver, Colorado area (or, even better, Fort Collins!) I'm especially interested in hearing from you.

I hope sending this out to the list is not inappropriate; if so, my advance apologies (but do note that a legit question is incorporated, which makes this more than a mere wanted ad!). Many thanks for considering this inquiry/call for experts!

Cheers,
Leila

Leila Singleton
Art Director
Kelly Rizley Advertising & PR, Inc.

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]